When it comes to desserts, a chocolate protein dessert has it all. Much needed protein to fuel an active lifestyle and if you get the right dessert, it will be packed full of texture and flavour. Best of all though, there’s chocolate. Not only does chocolate deliver a mood boost, combine it with protein and it fills you up a treat. Finding the right chocolate protein dessert is like meeting your soul mate. You have no idea it’s missing from your life until BOOM! You can no longer live without it. So, read on to discover the ultimate list of chocolate protein desserts. We recommend working your way through them all until you find THE ONE.
Chocolate protein dessert to buy
There are several distinct advantages to a chocolate protein dessert that you can buy. Firstly, you don’t have to go through the hassle of making it. Secondly, you know exactly how much protein is in it and how many calories you are consuming along with that protein. Thirdly, it’s super easy to store and grab to eat on the go.
Here at ROAR, we know our customers are busy, active people. That’s why our chocolate protein dessert hits the spot in every way. 20.6 grams of protein. 245 calories. Low in sugar and saturated fat, delicious, vegetarian and made with top quality whey protein isolate from grass fed cow’s milk. What’s more, it’s easy to store in the freezer, fridge or on the go. Ordering is easy too, simply place an order on our website for between three and fifteen pots and it will be winging its way to you before you know it.
On your quest for the perfect chocolate protein dessert, we recommend you start with the ROAR Double Chocolate Trio. But we’re realists We know that not everyone will fall in love with our succulent mix of chocolate pudding and rich chocolate sauce. So, here are a few other ideas to help you find the chocolate love of your life.
Protein mug cake
Everyone loves a mug cake, especially when there’s no treats in the house. Thankfully, it’s quick and easy to whip up a protein mug cake using your choice of protein powder and a few other ingredients. If you don’t have protein powder to hand, don’t worry. There is another way! Nut butter can make a good substitute and you’ll find plenty of mug cake recipes containing peanut butter or ground seeds instead of protein powder. Don’t have a microwave? Fear not! Most of them have an oven option available. Here are a few ideas.
- Three ingredient mug cake: This recipe boasts having just three ingredients. An egg, a banana and chocolate protein powder. It also gives the option of adding chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Plus you’ll need baking powder for the oven version.
- Peanut butter mug cake: A paleo mug cake, this one contains no protein powder, eggs or flour. It uses just banana, nut butter, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. As these are things most of us have hanging around at home anyway, it’s a useful recipe for days when you can’t face shopping.
- Egg free, whey based mug cake: If you’re avoiding eggs or you’ve run out, a quick whey protein based mug cake might just save the day. All you’ll need is whey protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and milk.
Chocolate protein brownies
Another firm favourite among chocolate lovers is the humble chocolate brownie. Standard brownie recipes are far from healthy, packed full of butter and sugar. But what they do have going for them is the stunning chocolatey taste. So, protein brownies offer a great alternative. In reality, you might not fall quite so in love with them as the brownies you eat covered in double cream at your favourite restaurant. But they might just come a close second.
- Flourless brownies: Brownie recipes tend to have quite a few more ingredients than mug cakes. This chocolate peanut butter brownie uses both protein powder and peanut butter for protein. It is gluten free and contains banana and chocolate chips for sweetness.
- Brownie bars: An unusual ingredient in these brownie protein bars is black beans. They also contain protein powder and they’re vegan and made without flour.
Chocolate protein dessert with a twist
So, you’ve worked your way through all the chocolate protein desserts and nothing quite hits the spot. Don’t worry, we’re chocoholics here at ROAR. So, with the same protein and calorie count as our double chocolate offering and just as low in saturated fat and sugar, we bring you Jaffa Break. Combining chocolate orange flavoured pudding with tangy mandarin puree, this might just be the chocolatey treat you’ve been waiting for. One day, we will be eating every variety of Jaffa cake we can find to check which one is our favourite. For now though, we’re confident that this one is up there with the best.